Purchasing Agent/Buyer (Houston, TX)
Merfish United is the Industry’s leader in pipe product distribution. We are searching for an outgoing individual with strong customer service skills to join our purchasing team. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication skills and will be skilled in Microsoft Excel including the use of Pivot Tables.
We offer a great base salary, bonuses, and competitive benefits package!
- Research and comparing suppliers, Pricing , goods and services.
- Selecting the most suitable supplier in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost efficiencies.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchasing or transferring needs.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating pricing
- Preparing forecast and purchase orders
- Maintaining reports
- Scheduling and verifying purchasing deliveries.
- Building and maintaining positive, long term supplier relations.
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role – 3 years plus.
- Degree in business administration, procurement or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Crystal report writing & inventory management software programs. Profit 21 is a Plus.
- Advance knowledge in excel & Microsoft office.
- Excellent oral/written communication and negotiating skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.