Warehouse Manager (Franklin, IN)
Merfish United is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the U.S. We are seeking a motivated Distribution Center Manager to join our Franklin, Indiana warehouse team.
The Distribution Center Manager supervises all activities of the facility, with a focus on safety, quality, inventory control, efficiency and team performance. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed all KPI’s, lead and develop the warehouse team and provide impeccable customer service to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and standard procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with ERP system.
- Ensures quality of products from receiving, material movement and shipments to customers.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and transportation partners to ensure efficient delivery of loads.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Maintain customer relationships to ensure open and reliable communications on deliveries
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a warehouse role supervising hourly employees
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Proficient knowledge of FMCSA DOT rules and regulations for commercial drivers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with a warehouse management ERP, preferably P21
Use the form on this page to apply.