Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Elyria, OH)
Merfish United, a member of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. family of companies, is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the United States, serving wholesale distributors only from our fleet of flatbed trucks. We are looking for a Warehouse Associate, 1st Shift, to join our Elyria, OH team!
- Loading & unloading pipe from flatbed trucks.
- Operates forklift to pick and transport heavy inventory around the warehouse.
- Maintains forklift by completing preventive maintenance. Report any malfunctions, insufficiencies, or necessary repairs through the relevant channels.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Ensure the warehouse area is cleaned, organized, and that all safety procedures are being followed at all times.
- Inspects all shipped and received products, reporting defective or damaged items.
- Band, wrap, and tape product as needed.
- Maintains condition of the warehouse work area, i.e., free of trash, product in the correct location, and organized, swept floors.
- Work cooperatively and productively with Supervisors and other employees to complete the required workload.
- Assist with inventory variances, order accuracy, and track and trace issues.
- Follow Merfish United safety policies and procedures which include performing daily forklift safety checklists /inspections
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
Requirements and qualifications:
- Sit-down Forklift Experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment
- This is a physical position, involving heavy lifting
- Affordable and comprehensive medical insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability & Life insurance included
- 401K plan with employer matching contributions.
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance program
- Monday – Friday schedule; Weekends off
Job Type: Full-time
Merfish United is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.