Strategic Sales Representative (Ipswich, Massachusetts and Remote)
Merfish United is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the country, and a member of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. family of companies. We are looking to add the critical role of Strategic Sales Representative to our growing sales team.
The ideal candidate will have wholesale distribution sales experience in plumbing and heating, PVF, HVAC, water works, fire protection, pool, lumber, steel service centers, electrical, and other market segments.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Merfish United, our values, and mission
- Prospect new customers
- Pitch sales opportunities
- Proactively make outbound calls, and be responsive to inbound calls
- Able to effectively communicate with email
- Provide customer service
- Use Prophet 21, our enterprise resource planning (ERP) service
- Provide quotes and process orders
- Manage and grow sales relationships
- Target and boost underperforming accounts
- Report key sales metrics
- Meet annual sales goals
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of customer service and sales experience
- Experience with the wholesale distribution space
- Understanding of commodity markets
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking
- Ability to positively engage customers
- Able to work independently when working remotely
- Experience with ERP, and customer relationship management (CRM) services
- Proficiency with Office365, including Outlook, Excel, and Teams
- A competitive benefits package, including a 401k with company match, paid time off, a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and more.
- Training with our sales team and sales services, along with a dedicated sales support team.
- Computer equipment for making your remote work experience seamless and effective.