Strategic Sales (Ipswich, MA and Remote)
Merfish United is the leading distributor of pipe and steel products. We are working on a search for a key role in Strategic Sales to join our growing Sales Team.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience selling commodity products to Electrical, PVF, P&H, Water Works, HVAC, Fire Protection, Pool, Lumber, & Steel Service wholesalers, strong work ethic, charismatic personality, and be a self-starter who can work independently.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect new customers in existing and/or NEW segments or geographical markets.
- Manage and grow relationships with customers – new and existing.
- Customize sales presentations to the type of sales outlet. Analyze existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Achieve annual sales targets.
- Utilize sales management tools (ERP, CRM, etc.) to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Investigate and resolve issues with underperforming accounts.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the Company in a positive manner.
- Prepare and submit activity/results reports to management.
- Generate and qualify leads and sales opportunities by making outbound phone calls to customers, initiating calls for new accounts, responding to inbound inquiries.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers in a timely manner.
- Process orders, prepare correspondence, and fulfill customer needs to ensure satisfaction.
- Additional duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience across a variety of medians including telephone, email, and face to face.
- Experience selling commodity products to a variety of segments in wholesale distribution including but not limited to Electrical, PVF, P&H, Water Works, HVAC, Fire Protection, Pool, Lumber, & Steel Service wholesalers.
Skills and Specifications:
- Significant experience selling commodity products.
- Ability to prospect and cold-call prospective customers.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior people skills and a positive attitude with an ability to engage customers.
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter who can work independently but also be a team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- Quote/Order entry experience preferable in EPICOR product
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and MS Teams
Use the form on the right to apply.