Regional Class A CDL Driver (Houston, TX)
Merfish United is the leading distributor of pipe and steel products. We are seeking a motivated Regional Class “A” Flatbed Truck Driver to join our team!
Get your career rolling! We welcome recent graduates!
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct pre/post-trip truck inspection
- Responsible to comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes
- Responsible for taking care of & maintaining all assigned equipment and product
- Strictly follow by Federal, local laws and DOT regulations with respect to Hours of Service, vehicle operation and inspection
- Must maintain load securement
- Make deliveries on schedule and inform the manager if delays are anticipated
- Ensure safe delivery and pick up of product and equipment by always following safety policy / OSHA
- Provide consistent high level of customer service
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy
- Layovers 2 -3 nights per week. Home on Weekends
- Valid Class A CDL with excellent working knowledge of traffic laws/ DOT regulations
- Clean driving record; no DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to consistently follow instructions, locate and read road maps
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, punctual, and a team player
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Schedule may vary from week to week and may include working on Sundays based on business needs
- Demonstrate active listening, oral and written communication skills
- Prefer 1 year of Flatbed experience in the last 10 years
Education / Experience
- High school graduate or GED / High School Equivalency required
- Physical position, involving heavy lifting (~75 lbs.) and re-tarping the truck multiple times per day
- Ability to climbing on and off flatbed trailers, re-tarping product as needed
- Able to pass random drug tests
Apply using the form on our page.