Regional CDL Class A Flatbed Driver (Houston, TX)
Merfish United, a member of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. family of companies, is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the United States, serving wholesale distributors only from our fleet of flatbed trucks. We are looking for a Regional CDL Class A Flatbed Driver to join our Houston, Texas-based team!
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- 2-3 Nights a week OTR in Sleeper Cab
- Start day could be Sunday or Monday
- Full-time, steady year-round work
- Hourly pay w/ OT after 40 hours (Drivers typically work 60-65 hours avg.)
- $5000 Sign-on Bonus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance, which includes Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability & Life
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Matching 401K
- Safety Bonuses
- Unlimited Referral Bonus Potential
- Conduct pre/post trip truck inspections.
- Responsible for taking care of & maintaining all assigned equipment and product.
- Strictly follow Federal, and local laws, and DOT regulations concerning Hours of Service, vehicle operation, and inspection
- Must maintain load securement.
- Make deliveries on schedule and inform the manager if delays are anticipated.
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy.
- Valid Class A CDL record with excellent working knowledge of traffic laws/ DOT regulations.
Requirements Skills / Abilities
- Clean driving record; no DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Prior flatbed experience is preferred, or similar experiences are considered.
- Minimal one year of commercial driving experience.
- Physical position, involving heavy lifting (~75 lbs.)
- Ability to climb on and off flatbed trailers, re-strapping or tarping product as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Merfish United, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.