Purchasing Assistant, Expediter (Ipswich, MA)
Merfish United and Merfish Pipe & Supply are the Industry leaders in pipe product distribution. We are searching for an outgoing individual with strong customer service skills to join our purchasing team. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication skills and will be skilled in Microsoft Excel including the use of Pivot Tables. This is an ideal position for an entry level professional who is looking to gain experience in purchasing.
Full-Time With Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Confirm all purchase orders (PO’s) of issue for quantities, pricing and delivery dates
- Update system with accurate delivery dates
- Follow up on late PO’s and push for updated delivery information
- Identify inventory shorts and stock positions to help achieve/maintain 98% fill rates
- Expedite material with mill to service back orders and low stock positions
- Work with team to relay information regarding production delays, delivery delays etc
- Build and maintain vendor relationships through constant communication
- Maintain price sheets from vendors and update costs within the system
- Create and update purchase orders
- Supplier communications regarding closings and weather notices
- Handle shipping and PO variances with respective warehouse
- Coordinate vendor returns for damages and shipping errors
- Record Keeping – Creates spreadsheets and documents that are clear and concise (including compiling of data for defective material claims & Commodities reporting).
- Multitasking – Demonstrates aptitude in prioritizing tasks according to importance and completion date.
- Deadline Tracking – Publishes target dates for team and individual projects and assisting in meeting those dates.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Written Communication – Drafts communications to vendors including (but not limited to) expediting emails and holiday schedule notices. Ability to accurately enter notes and update dates in ERP system in a prompt manner.
- Verbal Communication – Is comfortable making phone calls to vendors to discuss various topics and receiving inbound calls both internally and externally.
- Communication – Effectively articulates issues or needs to vendors. Consistently reaches out to vendors to assist in expediting of material.
- Teamwork – Is accustomed to working in a team environment with multiple teammates requesting assistance.
- Problem solving – Successfully uses all given information to make informed decisions independently and has awareness to ask for help with decisions when necessary.
- Flexibility – Has ability to adapt to changes in daily tasks when ad hoc projects and assignments arise.
- Excel Skills – Posses proficient knowledge of Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience in or knowledge of purchasing preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is a must
- Skilled in MS Office, Excel including the use of pivot tables
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of warehouse operations a plus
To apply, please fill out the form on this page.