Local CDL Class A Flatbed Driver (Birmingham, AL)
Merfish United, a member of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. family of companies, is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the United States, serving wholesale distributors only from our fleet of flatbed trucks. We are looking for a local CDL Class A Flatbed Driver to join our Birmingham, AL team!
- Home Daily; No weekends or major holidays
- Early morning start times
- Full time, steady year-round work
- Hourly pay with overtime after 40 hours (Drivers typically work 55-65 hours on average)
- $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Affordable and comprehensive medical insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability & Life insurance included
- 401k plan with employer matching contributions
- Incentive bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance program
- Safety first! Safely operates commercial flatbed vehicles at all times!
- Conduct pre/post-trip truck inspections.
- Responsible for taking care of and maintaining all assigned equipment and product, including reporting vehicle maintenance needs.
- Strictly follow DOT regulations, federal, and local laws concerning service hours, vehicle operations, and inspections.
- Must maintain load securement.
- Make deliveries on schedule and inform the manager if delays are anticipated.
- Verify count and condition of material; completes all necessary paperwork for accuracy, including signatures for delivered goods.
- Professionally represent the company and provide a consistently high level of customer service.
Requirements Skills / Abilities
- Clean driving record; no DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Minimal one year of verifiable commercial driving experience, with flatbed experience preferred.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission in certain markets.
- Physical position, involving heavy lifting (~75 lbs.)
- Ability to climb on and off flatbed trailers, re-strapping or tarping product as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Merfish United is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.