Inventory Control Associate (Houston, TX)
Merfish United is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the U.S. We are seeking a motivated Inventory Control Associate to join our Houston, Texas warehouse team.
The ideal candidate will maintain the integrity of physical inventory and records. Update records and reconcile material inventory changes to the system. Interacts directly with Distribution Centers and dispatch for inventory description and brand name discrepancies, location, and new items. Research inventory throughout branch supply chain. Maintain internal control productivity requirements. Provide direction and training to less experienced cycle counters. Handles special projects as assigned.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify correct deliveries and shipments with packing slips and work orders.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate counts of inventory during all material movements.
- Work in Excel to track incoming shipments and 3rd party vendor inventories.
- Report any shortages or material defects.
- Perform cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Travel to distribution centers to conduct audits.
- Train DC managers on standard operating procedures for shipping, receiving, cycle counts, and physical counts.
- Able to conduct and/or oversee quality control inspections of material.
- Take measurements and consulting appropriate specification documentation.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3+ years experience in inventory
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Teams
- Product knowledge of steel pipe, copper tube, PVC pipe and other product lines
Use the form on this page to apply.