Human Resources and Benefits Representative (Houston, TX)
This position provides overall HR and benefits support to the organization. This person will directly work with managers to support their organization as well as provide benefits administration. Requires the ability to work independently in performing assignments.
- Recruit, interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications.
- Provide employee relations support.
- Recommend, develop, and schedule training and development courses.
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Conduct orientation sessions for new employees to explain personnel policies, compensation, and benefit programs.
- Maintain employee files and records, assures completeness of files.
- Assist with administering employee benefit programs and coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, claims, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Experience with benefits administration
- Broad knowledge of several HR principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous exposure to distribution preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of HR experience.