Financial Analyst (Houston, TX)
Merfish United is the leading master distributor of steel pipe, copper tubing, plastic pipe, and electrical conduit, and related products in the building products industry.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst will be a key part of the FP&A team, supporting financial forecasts and annual budgeting process, developing, reporting, and communicating KPIs to multiple functional groups and stakeholders, and analyzing various value drivers of the business to support overall growth initiatives and increased performance. This highly visible function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide critical insights and support cross-functional business decision-making in a rapidly changing commodities-based environment.
- Maintain and grow current weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting requirements, which include both financial and operational KPI’s
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases, and identify trend analysis to help management make strategic decisions within the business
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Develop and track key metrics including assessing revenue and profitability achievement against full year and monthly targets
- Develop and maintain financial models in support of the preparation, review, and submission of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Perform ongoing reporting and analytical projects as well as on an ad-hoc basis
- Works closely with operations and sales management; analyze operational & financial results and make suggestions for improvement
- All other duties, as assigned
Skills / Experience – Required
- Highly Skilled with Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint); demonstrated skills with Excel modeling; advanced pivot tables, data queries, managing large data sets quickly and accurately (SQL experience is plus)
- Strong data analysis and research skills, especially with financial planning concepts, with the ability to quickly tie analysis to business drivers
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience working in finance or another analytics-focused position (Consulting or Investment Banking experience is a plus)
- Detail-oriented and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working with multiple functional areas of the organization and ability to explain complex analyses and results articulately and concisely within all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using the English language
Use the form on this page to apply.