Dispatcher (Houston, TX)
Merfish United is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the United States. We are seeking a motivated Dispatcher at our Houston, Texas office.
- Dispatch service request based on priority and our service delivery standards with a relentless focus on optimizing positive client service experience
- Main point of contact with internal and external customers for the transportation department
- Onboard and acquire carriers to cover all loads.
- Ensure all loads are completed as requested with documented results.
- Communicating with internal and external customers with constant updates on transportation.
- Negotiate freight rates and timing with carriers
- Preparing dispatch documents, as well as generating bills and invoices
- Maintaining records of all transported loads.
- Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Performs clerical and other duties as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone and in writing
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task with great follow-up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Dispatching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Knowledge of DOT regulations (Preferred)
Use the form on this page to apply.