Assistant Warehouse Manager (Ipswich, Massachusetts)
The Assistant Manager will manage day-to-day operations of the warehouse with a focus on safety, quality, inventory control, and efficiency. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed all KPI’s, lead and develop the warehouse team and provide impeccable customer service to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the DC Manager to ensure receiving, warehousing, and loading operations by enforcing standard procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety procedures and protocols.
- Works with management team to controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with ERP system.
- Ensures quality of products from receiving, material movement and shipments to customers.
- Assists DC Manager in maintaining physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment and reporting repairs
- Schedules and assigns warehouse employees to tasks and work orders; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a warehouse role supervising hourly employees
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with a warehouse management ERP, preferably P21
Use the form on this page to apply.