Accounts Receivable Associate (Houston, TX)
Reporting to the Credit Manager, this position will be responsible for tracking customer payments and resolving customer accounts.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in an Accounts Receivable
- Associates Degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using an ERP software system similar to Epicor desired.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills